Your hair sits on your head like a crown and of course, it is very okay to seek out improvement for your hair especially when you are no longer happy or confident in it. When experiencing hair loss or stunted growth, people find remedies to help them out. It is very important that when you’re doing this, you find more natural remedies than chemically induced ones.
Here are 5 naturally sourced ingredients to help you maintain your hair.
- Water: One thing that black hair cannot get enough of is moisture. This ingredient is as simple as it gets and water goes a long way to help restore hydration to your hair. If you constantly avoid washing your hair with water because you believe it is causing your breakage, you should look again. Your hair is probably now reacting to sulfates in shampoos that you use. To maintain good hydration in your hair, you should constantly moisturize it with water.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil has very small molecules which can penetrate deeper into the hair than other oils, so rather than acting merely on the surface, the effects of the oil are longer lasting. It helps to lock in moisture content that improves your hair’s health. You can buy coconut oil here to promote the rich-lookingfeel of your hair.
- Avocados: They contain healthy fats and nutrients which can contribute to healthy hair. The oil that is extracted from avocado is great for its moisturising and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to lubricate the hair strands and protect the ends of the hair. You can mash it up with other natural ingredients like coconut oil. Apply it to the roots of your hair and wash it off once it sits in. Remember to eat the rest of the Avocados to maintain your healthy lifestyle.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera helps to retain moisture and it is a perfect natural ingredient to help keep moisture locked into your hair. When your hair feels tender because of tight braids, applying aloe vera can help soothe the tenderness and relieve the pain. Its pH is great for scalp health and also helps to smoothen hair shaft
- Lemon: Lemon oil and juice can help you maintain a healthy scalp and encourage hair growth. Apply lemon oil 15 minutes before you shampoo. It protects your hair from damage and strengthens its roots.
Haircare is very essential. It should have its own daily routine that you do to maintain and groom it. If you want to improve your hair, come up with a plan and stay consistent. Remember that the treatments may take a few months to yield noticeable results. Be creative with the remedies and mix them up as much as you like. It is important to see a doctor about medical procedures and prescriptions if these natural methods don’t work for you.